Monday 12 October 2015

Jono - Silence (2015)


The third album from this Swedish band.

Jono is a five piece band with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums, keyboards and English vocals. 

I believe I reviewed their previous album, the 2013 album Requiem. And I quite liked it too.

This album comes across as a mix of Rainbow, Flower Kings, Supertramp and a bit pop music. There is a lot of heavy metal in the vein of Rainbow and the Swedish prog rock sound. There is also a lot of pomp pop here too.

This forty minutes long album is full of upbeat songs and music. The guitars are soaring and ditto for the vocals.

This is not really my cup of tea. But I quite like this and find this a good album because of the obvious references to the above mentioned bands. Their music is pretty original and not a bad at all. This is indeed a good album and one well worth checking out.

3 points  

No comments:

Post a Comment