Monday 7 April 2014

Treni All'Alba. I - 2011 A.D. (2011)



The second album from this Italian band.

I Treni All'Alba's debut album Folk Destroyers from 2008 did not really impress me. See the review yourself. I Treni All'Alba does a mix of chamber rock, folk rock and experimental prog. Their sound is very minimalistic at times. Acoustic and electric guitars, piano and drums. There is no bass here. The piano sometimes chips in with a bass line. Except from that; no bass.

This fifty minutes long album has both a punk, folk and chamber rock feel. It harvests and then distill it's own blend of those genres. The result is minimalism over fifty minutes. Very few flowers grows and blooms here.
The only flowers here are the piano and acoustic guitars solos.

I know this album has got rave reviews everywhere else. I am not a fan of this minimalism. This is a decent enough album, but nothing more. Sorry guys, but I don't really like what I hear on this album. I want something more than a barren landscape.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment