Monday 18 February 2013

Ibliss - Supernova (1972)



A German one off band in the krautrock genre. The well known Conny Plank was the sound engineer here.

Krautrock can mean all sorts of things. In this case, it means instrumental jazz with a lot of ethno influences. Embryo and Xhol is good references. I would also add Soft Machine anno Six and Seven to that list. The music is mostly percussion based with sax and flutes as the solo instruments.

The result is a very good album where the sound is right and the solos is excellent. It gives me this Soft Machine vibe I love and it also has this krautrock vibe too. Albums like this is why I really like the krautrock scene.

My only gripe with this album is the lack of any great songs or even melody lines. It is a bit too one dimentional for my liking too. It is still a very good album well worth checking out.

3.5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment